Corrections : This was intended to be episode 4 but wound up as #3 and my stream didn’t record so you get to watch a still pic of me rather than the video stream in this episode!
- Making sure you have a market before you build the product, just because you think it’s cool doesn’t mean anyone else will pay for it (5:25)
- Market research can be easy - Finding a market with a need first, then build a product to solve it, ideas don’t always come first (7:00)
- It’s easier to sell products that fulfill a niche than a broad market (8:30)
- The Trunk Test, the difference between wanting and buying (9:00)
- Utilizing existing products and services to create a new offering rather than inventing the “next big idea”, particularly for a niche (9:47)
- Marketing your local business with Google Places (good tactical advice) (11:50)
- Business partners, how to pick em and who to avoid (common mistakes of first time entrepreneurs) (16:35)
- Generating leads and finding clients in the when you have no experience (20:20)
- The power of blogging & content marketing (24:00)
- Creating a support structure and avoiding isolation (25:30)
- Don’t make a big deal out of small things, it will consume you (28:30)
- Check your presence on Google Local, if you’re there is your info accurate? If you’re not on Google Places add yourself!
- If you are a new business, what existing products or service can you combine to create a unique or tailored offering to your niche?
Relentless Business is Edited by Jay Rogers, Editor.